Blog Image

Blog Image

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Pilgrimage of Peace

Peace be with you!

In a few short hours, I will be en route from JFK Airport in New York to Poland with a group of pilgrims from the Diocese of Scranton. Together, we will join the global Catholic Church in celebrating World Youth Day with our Holy Father, Pope Francis.

Nearly two-million pilgrims from all over the world will converge on Krakow, Poland to visit, explore, worship and pray at various shrines and churches. The stories of Polish saints Pope John Paul II, Maximilian Kolbe, and Sister Faustina will be told once again. Many of us unfamiliar with this eastern European country will discover a strong, vibrant people and culture.

Most important, we will encounter the Lord Jesus and his mercy on our pilgrim way.


As I prepare to depart for this nine-day pilgrimage in Poland, I am keeping my heart open to all that I will see and experience. Moreover, I am choosing to make this pilgrimage in a spirit of peace. All around us, the world seems to be embroiled in partisan conflicts and violence. Yet, for these next nine days, the young Church will be a witness to the world of God's abiding love, unity, reconciliation, and peace.

Please pray for me! Pray for the pilgrims!
And know that I keep my family and friends, our nation and world, the Church, all the children of Abraham, and every person of good will in my prayers.

Peace be with you!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for all of you on your pilgrimage! May you be overflowing with God's peace, He knows we need that now more than ever! St. Vincent's YG is doing a retreat over the weekend in solidarity with WYD and we will pray for all the pilgrims...including you!! Have a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete